Monday, April 19, 2010

What's in the basket?

Pictures of my current spinning project! As mentioned, a lovely alpaca/silk blend, shining in a way that only silk can. It's more of a twist than a blend, honestly, and I couldn't love it more.

Will'o'wisp Collage

I think batts are really my favourite fiber prep to spin from. There are so many possibilities! You can spin from the fold, you can pull it into top, or (my favourite, if I'm not going for a particular colour blend) you can spin it right from the batt. Next up in my spinning basket is the first of my batts from DyakCraft's ColourWays Club. I've always loved Linda's batts, and these are shining examples of what someone with an eye for colour and a good blend can do with them. I got the club membership as a present, and it's like opening a jewel box every month. I can't wait!

No comments: