Monday, April 12, 2010

Long time, no post!

Things have been busy, busy, busy! I don't have pictures of my current spinning project just yet, but I suspect I will shortly. In the meantime, let me tell you all about it!

Saturday afternoon was spent partially being a douchebag hipster at the coffee shop, and partially spinning. I am working on the most luscious alpaca/silk mix right now! It's a rich fawn alpaca, and the silk is bright sky blue, and a light spring green. Combined with the sheen, it looks nearly otherworldly. I'm spinning it to a laceweight, with plans to ply it on itself (2-ply), and knit myself something ethereal and woodsy. An elf cloak, or a fairy shawl, or something earthy and a little magical. The pattern will find me when the time comes, I'm sure.

There has been so much writing, dyeing, and living going on, that my blogging has kind of escaped me.

No comments: