Thursday, June 7, 2007

Skeining Just Got Easier!

Today was a day of hooray! at my house. When I got home from work, my new freestanding Taylor skeinwinder had arrived.

This thing has already earned its place it my heart. I wound up two 300+ yard skeins of yarn in under 10 minutes. Before this I'd been using my swift, which worked, but which required me to poke it with my finger and watch it spin haphazardly 'round and 'round. To say that it wasn't a fast process is putting it mildly.

I had to go play with it again before I could go to bed- 2.5 lbs of merino/silk fingering weight sock yarn in about an hour of skeining.

Now I just have to hold out hope that my dye order will get here before the weekend. 13 lbs of dye, 5 lbs of yarn, and however many wads of roving I can manage before my new faux-Crocs give out and my feet fall off.

No comments: