Thursday, July 19, 2007

New yarns, studio revamp, picture taking

I really need to have a heavy-duty, my-arm-is-gonna-drop-off skeining session. I have SO MANY luscious new yarns that I want to get started dyeing! Merino/tencel, merino/silk, superwash merino, alpaca lace, pure silk lace...I could build a fort out of my yarn cones and boxes.

Before I can do that, I have to finish the revamp of the studio. It's nearly there. We are up to the "putting things into pretty boxes" stage, and we're planning to hit it for one last big swoop this evening after dinner.

I have also decided that I'm in need of an indoor, all-weather photo spot, where the light is the same (and good) all the time, and I can take pictures of my wares in a controlled setting at any time. This may neccessitate a trip to IKEA and the purchase of either some cheap white sheets, or a roman blind that I can pin to the ceiling in the appropriate spot.

No comments: